Request for Applications: SIDA Program for NGOs and CSOs based in Afghanistan
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development (ACBAR) is seeking applications for the EU-funded SIDA program to support Afghan NGOs and CSOs through capacity building and microgrant activities for 11 months to be implemented by AWEC in Afghanistan.
Afghanistan is facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis, with conflict, economic decline, poverty, unemployment, and natural disasters affecting its people. NGOs and CSOs are the only sectors that provide essential services and support the employment of thousands of Afghans.
The program will support the following:
- Building the capacity of grassroots-level organizations (NGOs/CSOs) to meet donor funding qualifications and requirements.
- Selected qualified organizations (NGOs/CSOs) received microgrants to sustain their operation
- The program will support ten organizations, with 4 in Kabul, 2 in Herat, 2 in Nangarhar, and 2 in Balkh provinces. The organizations were selected based on the following eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for the SIDA program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Women-led or women-focus organizations officially registered with the Government of Afghanistan (Ministry of Economy or Justice).
- Adhering to the law and regulations of Afghanistan and having no legal issues or disputes.
- Organizations are not debarred or backlisted by the donor or Afghan Government.
- Having a physical office and functioning.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete and accurate.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are submitted on time.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring their applications are in the required format.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the required attachments accompany their applications.
- Applicants must ensure their applications comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The EU-funded SIDA program is not a guarantee of funding.
- The EU-funded SIDA program is competitive; only ten applications will be selected.
- The EU-funded SIDA program is subject to change without notice.
For more information, visit ACBAR.